Seeking a full-charge bookkeeper who is highly organized and has extensive experience with accounts payable, accounts receivable, financial statements, bank reconciliation and general ledger through trial balance. Attention to detail with the utmost discretion to confidentiality is a necessary attribute. Prior experience in a country club setting and Northstar is desirable. Willingness to learn Northstar is critical. Extensive experience with QuickBooks Pro and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) is also necessary.
Job Summary: The core responsibility of this position is to perform the day-to-day accounting functions of the organization. This requires an expert understanding of QuickBooks Pro and/or Northstar and financial record keeping. The secondary responsibility of the position is completing administrative tasks relating to the membership component of the organization. This position reports directly to the General Manager.
- Work closely with the Manager in managing the organization’s financial operations.
- Enter accounts payables into the accounting system properly and assures that checks are processed accurately.
- Accounts receivables through check, ACH and credit cards receipted properly to member accounts.
- Enter all transactions into Northstar software.
- Post daily charges to member accounts.
- Assist membership with billing inquiries.
- Prepare income statement, balance sheet and Aging A/R reports in a timely manner for the Manager for monthly board meetings.
- Assist with payroll and administer all payroll-related activities.
- Reconcile monthly all bank accounts and credit card account.
- Assist with the management of annual magazine and newspaper subscriptions.
- Prepare and file federal, state and local reports, including licenses, W2s, 1099s, and employee benefits.
- Maintain and keep current all licenses pertaining to the organization.
- Monitor quarterly and annual federal and state payroll tax payments produced by payroll company.
- Assist the Manager in maintaining membership accounts, event billing, vendor database, membership database and membership mailings.
- Minimum of 5 years of verifiable bookkeeping/accounting experience.
- Experience with Northstar is desirable.
- Strong knowledge of QuickBooks Pro is desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent member-facing and interpersonal skills.
- Must take initiative, be highly organized, focused and pay great attention to detail.
This is an hourly full-time, year-round position. Training with existing bookkeeper for transitional purposes is essential. Some remote work from home will be possible after initial training period. Benefits include health, dental and Christmas a bonus. Paid vacation and company matching 401K is available after one year of service.