Must pass BCI. This is business collections so you want to maintain a good relationship with the clients. its more about getting their buy-in and promise on when Thyssenkrupp can expect paymen. must have great excel skills. SAP/ORACLE or other big ERP system. 10% bonus so an extra 3,500posbily.
Collector – Service/Repair
Classification: Non-exempt / EEO-1 Code: 5 – Office Clerical
Reports to: Collections Supervisor
HCM Title: Collector
Responsible for performing all administrative duties associated with the collection and payment application of outstanding service and repair invoices so that the department functions efficiently and cost effectively.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Makes regularly scheduled collection calls on all account balances as assigned.
- Maintains a system of follow-up to ensure customers follow through with their promises.
- Enters clear and concise system notes pertaining to all collection calls so that a history is maintained for all accounts regarding collection efforts.
- Displays a thorough knowledge of service, extras and repair documentation, including billing , insurance certificates, contracts, lien wavers, etc.
- Reads and understand contract language and uses this knowledge in negotiations with customers as contracts will dictate payment terms and conditions.
- Prioritizes multiple and changing responsibilities while being organized and detail oriented, with a commitment to customer service.
- Monitors accounts for potential write-off; prepares required Credit and Bad Debt write off requests and routes for appropriate signatures.
- Coordinates monthly conference calls with district and branch personnel.
- Achieves full coverage of their assigned portfolio of accounts specific to job assignment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Business Communication Proficiency
- Problem Solving/ Analysis
- Customer Focus
- Business Acumen
- Results Driven
- Organizational Skills
- Confidence, and perseverance
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
Preferred Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED and one year certificate from college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Six months plus related experience and/or training in basic collections
- Able to write correspondence in a clear and understandable manner; able to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are normally Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm. Some overtime, when pre-authorized by direct supervisor.
No travel required.
The work environments are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job duties are performed mainly within an established office environment under normal lighting and climate controlled tolerances. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; Use hands to finger and handle; and to speak and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities require the employee to read a computer monitor at workstation.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.