Mid-sized and growing financial institution is looking for a property/casualty insurance consultant to work with their customers on products that meet their needs.
- Respond to member inquiries. Review loss exposures and advise members on P&C insurance needs. Prepare quotes for coverages and carriers appropriate to their needs.
- Place new and renewal business with carriers in a manner that optimizes member needs, account retention and agency profitability.
- Service existing accounts, including claims, to enhance member satisfaction. Conduct periodic account review to update member needs and account information. Re-market renewals as needed.
- Educate members concerning coverage selection, limitations/exclusions, and insurance products and procedures.
- Complete new business applications, change requests, cancellations, billing and claims transactions in accordance with carrier requirements and best practices.
- Maintain accurate and complete agency management systems and other agency records.
- Counsel and provide expertise to members concerning carriers, coverage, products, systems and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Participates as an active and contributing member of a team to achieve team goals. Works cooperatively with other team members, involves others, shares information as appropriate, and shares credit for team accomplishments.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Property/casualty producer’s license required For Massachusetts
- Experience working in an agency environment preferred.
- Working knowledge of rating and underwriting personal lines products.
- Full knowledge of property and casualty products and their application.
- Understanding of insurance markets and agency management systems and procedures.